Leadership for a Sustainable Future provides inspiring community education and a foundation for public and civic leaders interested in environmental awareness, social equity, and economic vitality.
Apply today for the upcoming 10-month program!
- Early Bird Deadline: 5:00 pm Wednesday, April 22, 2015 (5% Tuition Discount)
- Final Application Deadline: 5:00 pm Monday, May 11, 2015
What's in it for you?
- Clarify your vision and passion around sustainability
- Connect with others to engage and expand your community network
- Become a more effective policy-maker and community leader
- Meet top-notch educators and leaders via class lectures and site visits
- Understand public policy and engage with your elected officials
Topics and materials are woven into a comprehensive program which addresses key sustainability issues in California and the North Bay while exploring varied perspectives on leadership. The inspiring curriculum prepares participants to take on leadership roles by providing a solid foundation for understanding our environmental, social and economic strengths, opportunities, and challenges. The course also provides unique opportunities to meet and collaborate with new colleagues and work together on important projects to improve the communities you care about.
Graduates of the program become Fellows of the Institute. We currently have nearly 450 Fellows involved in sustainable endeavors throughout Sonoma County. More than a quarter of our graduates are holding or have held an elected or appointed office. Leadership Institute Fellows successfully raise public awareness, influence public policy, build healthy communities, promote diversity, and advocate for change.
CLICK HERE for more information or contact Gwen Beacham, Education Program Manager, 707-578-9133, x1 | email@example.com